My approach to achieving success is a disciplined commitment to consistent hard work and learning to understand one’s own definition of success. I have learned to apply these ideas to myself as an athlete, as a coach, and in life decisions.
I have coached and competed at very high levels and I have been conscientious to learn and reflect each step of the way. I have competed as:
- 2012 Olympic Trials, 3K Steeplechase – automatic finals qualifier and Olympic standard athlete
- US Pan American Games athlete – 4th place amongst 41 countries, Mexico
- Represented the USA in Cross-Country competition, Spain
- 9x USA National Championships qualifier (7 track & field, 2 cross-country)
- Professionally sponsored athlete by Saucony and PowerBar
- USATF World Junior National Cross-Country coach, Scotland
- USATF Women’s National Coach, Pan American Cross-Country Cup, Colombia
- Full-scholarship athlete, University of Florida
- 13x state-champion in Cross-Country / Track & Field while at Bishop Kenny high school
I have coached individuals, middle and high-school teams, and collegiate teams (Duke, UCF, Butler, Oklahoma State). While I did the 400m and pole vault in high school, as well as the short and long hurdles, I have focused more intensely on the 800m, 1500m, mile, 3K, 3K Steeplechase and 5K. I have competed in 10Ks and longer on the roads.I also work summer running camps (Brevard, Blue Ridge, FIRST Furman, Begley XC). I am ready to talk with you about your ideas and goals!